Pour over coffee is a simple yet refined way to pour a clean cup of coffee. People who are accustomed to using a drip machine may find the pour over method to be a great way to elevate the complex and nuanced flavors of each cup without it being overly complicated and time consuming.
What you need:
Your favorite BLACK FUEL TRADING CO. specialty coffee blend, a dripper, a filter, a grinder, a kettle, a scale, a coffee mug or carafe.
What you do:
- Boil more water than you will actually need in a kettle.
- Weigh 25 to 35 grams of whole coffee beans on a scale, about two or three teaspoons.
- Grind your whole coffee beans to about the size of sea salt while the water is coming to a boil.
- Put your filter in a dripper and set dripper on top of a cup or carafe.
- Saturate the filter with hot water to warm the porcelain dripper. Then, empty the water from the cup or carafe.
- Pour BLACK FUEL TRADING CO. grounds into the filter. Make sure the grounds lay flat to ensure an even pour.
- Pour 2:1 water per grounds into the filter starting in the center of the grounds in a slow circular motion, gradually working your way out without hitting the edges of the filter.
- Wait for 30 seconds to allow the water to filter through once the coffee starts to bloom or expand. This expansion is a good sign of an even pour.
- Keep pouring continuously in the middle of the bed once the grounds have bloomed. The total brewing time should take two and a half minutes.
There are a variety of ways to brew coffee, but if you have never used anything besides a drip machine, the pour over method is a simple process that allows you to experience coffee in a new way. All BLACK FUEL TRADING CO. blends are a product of direct trade and are selected with a critical eye, nose and mouth! Visit our website to pick up a bag of BLACK FUEL TRADING CO. specialty whole bean coffee.